Wednesday 6 May 2009

Summative Blog


Age - 18
Sex - Female
Degree - Philosophy and Psychology
Being Bad relates with my introduction to critical thinking module im taking with Rob as it encourages us to question what we believe and explore different ideas and beliefs. I think that being bad was just right I didnt find it too easy but i didn't fint it hard either, for me the creative writing assesment was the hardest.
I do think that the list of topics addressed were appropriate but I think that we could have gone more indepth, I felt that we only touched the surface of the topics.
I do think that the overall format of the classes has worked well, I liked the idea of having somone new each week, however I think that the sessions where there was more diolouge worked best, I enjoyed the sessions where were came alone and had group discussions rathere than the ones where we were talked at.
Yes I think that the interdiciplinary approach was a good way to teach the module and I think that they are a very good idea, I would like to see more modules like being bad I would definetly take them.
Yes I am going to take the follow up level at level 2 and I would recommend it.
I do think that the blogs were a good idea as it gave us the opputunity to address a number of topics, however I couldn't see what we gained from logging on each day.
I do think that one longer assesment would be better than the two short ones, I found it hard to do the creative piece given the word limit and I had to cut alot out of my adultary essay.
I have learnt alot from the module, I think that the way we percieve things to be bad is wrong and we should consider each situation rather than make stereotypical assumptions.
I did not enjoy the second half of the module as much as the first half, I don't know why it just seemed that the intresting topics came first.
I think that the being bad module is a really good idea, personally being a philosophy student I would have liked to have explored the views of different philosophers regarding the topics, I do however appreciate that not all the students who took being bad were philosophy students.

No comments:

Post a Comment