Saturday 18 April 2009

Child Poverty in the UK


Hi, I know I have already written one blog regarding poverty, but I thought I'd just bring to light the issue of child poverty we have in the UK. ONE OUT OF EVERY TEN CHILDREN IN THE UK LIVE IN POVERTY!!! I think that child poverty in the western world is disgusting. Their are so many people in the country who are living comfortable who are ignorant to children living in poverty right on their doorsteep. I think to be ingorant of poverty in other contrys is wrong but it is worse to ignore something which is right in front of of our faces.


My question is if the government are aware that children in the Uk are living in poverty why don't they find the money to sort it out, it should be top on their list. I think that so much money is put to waste in the UK buliding sculptures in city centres or redoing pavements which were fine to start with. The idea of that money going to waste while our own children are suffering is appauling. I personally give to childrens charities when ever I can and I know my parents give to child charities every mounth, I know it is probably not much but if everyone stood together and put money the issue would get sorted out alot faster.


The other thing that annoys me about child poverty in the UK is that there are so many people living on the dole and living a better standard of life than those children. A child cannot go and get a job to look after itself a adult can. So I think that if any money is going to be given in benifits it should be for those children and when it is given the goivernment should take the responsibility of making sure the children recieve the benifits of that money and not the local pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment