Saturday 11 April 2009

Response to Jordan


In Response to Jordan's blog on Homosexuality I would like to say that although I don't think that homosexuality is a bad thing because no one gets hurt I still wouldn't be able to say that homosexuality is natural to me. I know that you say that it you think that homosexuality is perfectly natural but because I don't see someone of the same sex in that way I can't see it as natural or 'normal', I suppose normal is what you know.

I would never suggest that society should go back to how it was and view homosexuality as dangerous or wrong and I do think that religion should accept people of all background's but lately they have started to and the church has accepted homosexual priests etc. Homosexuality does not cause any harm to anyone so I don't really see why people disagree with it so much, but I do see why people have objections to homosexuality being forced on society I think that many people today feel obliged to accept things which they don't agree with because it's put in front of them on TV or in the media. Although I think that homosexuality should not be restricted in the way it was I personally don't want to walk down the street and see two people of the same sex kissing or being over the top about their sexuality, some things should be saved for behind closed doors. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nic,

    Just gonna leave some thoughts with you in response to your own response on Jordan's blog on homosexuality.

    Firstly I'd start by questioning your comment 'normal is what you know'. To some extent this is true - children raised by addict parents or thugs often turn out like them. However, I was brought up in a heterosexual family and after many difficult and confusing years I had to come to terms with my sexuality; My younger sister turned out 'normal' as you might say but I am gay. If I could take a pill to change it I would; even now I hide my sexuality with some people beacuse it's easier.

    I do agree that over-the-top affection should be kept behind closed doors but that should apply to straight couples as well. Seeing a man and woman all over each other is no pretty thing for me to see, but as for things like holding hands and stuff I know that many times I've wished I could hold hands and not feel ashamed or odd. If people don't start changing their attitudes now it will never change. But if they do change them now then hopefully the next generation or so can be close to whoever they like without judgement.

    Whilst I respect that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it worries me that prejudice will continue to affect the lives of homosexuals because people still view them as different and who need to hide their true identities behind closed doors. People fear what they don't understand so perhaps it's time society opened their minds a bit more.

    ReplyDelete