Friday 3 April 2009

Response to Ruth


I agree with you that factory farming is wrong and steps should be taken to ensure the welfare of animals. Personally I do my bit and only eat free range eggs. I don't see why everyone can't buy free range eggs its not as if they are that much more expensive.  I also agree that animals do have feelings thoughts and emotions and I feel terribly sorry for them as they can have such disgusting lives, however I think that before any issues regarding animals are addressed the humans who are living in poverty should be considered. I make a point of not ever giving to a charity which involves animals (except dogs for the blind), and I know there are many out there who would strongly disagree with me because I don't see animal suffering as important as human suffering but thats just the way I feel. 

I think that charities should firstly focus on the issues around the world involving children who are starving or being abused and animals shouldn't really gat considered until child suffering is over and done with (if it ever will be over and done with). I do love my pets and would never like to see any harm come to any animal, but I would also give all the pet dogs and cats in the world to save a child's life, because when I look at animals suffering and think 'what if that was my pet?' I do feel upset but the thought of a child suffering to me is a million times worse. So although I completely agree with you that animals shouldn't have to suffer or be killed inhumanly I would never consider doing anything dramatic like ploughing millions into land for all the animals to live happily ever after as long as humans are also living in life threatening conditions. Ruth's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment